Wet look leggings are the latest wardrobe must-have and the A-list crowd just can’t get enough of them. A fabulous style statement that looks so much more interesting than regular leggings or tights, wet look leggings are a trend you really don’t want to miss out on.
As seen on celebrity WAGs such as Cheryl Cole, Victoria Beckham and Alex Curran, supermodels like Kate Moss and Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely, and style-divas including Lindsay Lohan, Gwen Stefani, Mary Kate Olsen, Rihanna and Daisy Lowe, wet look leggings are a daring but highly-covetable fashion staple. Wet look leggings come in metallics – bronze, silver and gold – as well as standard colours, and, for the ultimate in wet look, there are even super sexy PVC wet look leggings.
Donning a pair of wet look leggings will not only luxe up those pins, but will also instantly update an outfit giving it a now vibe that’s perfect for stylish nights out and glamorous parties. Unless you have supermodel-esque legs, wet look leggings are probably best teamed with a longer length top or an oversized shirt. Accessorize your wet look leggings with ankle boot heels and a chic vintage bag and, to really maximise the look, throw on another of this season’s must-haves: the boyfriend blazer. If you haven’t quite managed to muster up enough courage for the trend yet, follow our guide to the dos and don’ts of wearing wet look leggings and you’ll be bang on trend in no time.
The dos and don’ts of wearing wet look leggings
- Soften the harshness of your wet look leggings by teaming with slouchy sweaters and longer length tops.
- Make sure you’re covering your bums and hips – VPLs should be avoided at all costs.
- Wear super-high heels to lengthen legs.
- Try out the ultimate rock chick look by opting for wet look leggings with zips at the ankle.
- Wear them with an animal print mini dress in the style of Cheryl Cole.
- Take Nicky Hilton’s lead by pairing your wet look leggings with a glamorous coat dress.
- Let your boyfriend wear them. They didn’t look good on Russell Brand so why would they on your other half?
- Wear with knee high leather boots (unless you want to look like a dominatrix!).
It may seem like a tricky trend to master but by following these golden rules wet look leggings can create a great balance between high chic and rock-star cool. Whatever you do, don’t judge them ‘til you try them: wet look leggings are surprisingly flattering.
Go straight to some of our favourite Wet Look Leggings