Known for her fun, free and fearless fashion sense, mother of one Christina Aguilera has gone through more sartorial transformations than most. From the bare midriff and buxom cleavage look of her early public life to the more contemporary old Hollywood-inspired post-divorce style, the 30-year-old pop queen is definitely willing to take a fashion risk or two. Here we take a look at Christina’s many sartorial highlights, not forgetting – of course – a fair few fashion flops along the way.
For casual shopping sprees, girlie lunches or days out with her son, Aguilera often opts for a stylish skinny jeans, t-shirt, jacket and scarf combo. It’s a look that she invariably ramps up with a glamorous ‘it’ bag and super-sized shades, not forgetting, of course, a signature slick of fabulous hot red or pink lippie.
For evening dos where she doesn’t need to pull out all the stops, Aguilera loves a simple halterneck frock and a chic pair of heels. She accessorizes and adds va va voom with an oversized bag and statement-making sunglasses.
When out on the town or maxing it up at an awards ceremony, Aguilera always makes the most of her assets, ensuring her curves are shown off to best effect with the most figure hugging body-con Herve Leger dress and towering high heels she can find. As a great one for revealing her midriff, hipster pants and short-cut tops are a fashion fave.
For a bit of old-school Hollywood-esque glamour, night-time outfits are often accompanied by a mass of platinum blonde curls, whilst straight hair tends to be Aguilera’s style of choice for the daytime.
Fancy stealing the songstress’ attention-grabbing style? Follow our eight top tips and you’ll soon be every bit the Burlesque babe.
1. Heavy lipstick is a key feature of Christina Aguilera’s everyday make-up, so steal her style in a second by pursing that pout and slicking on the reddest of fire-engine red or the most courageous of neon pink lippies you can find. Add a pair of matching stilettos – Christian Louboutin’s if you’re really splashing out – and you’ve instantly Aguilera’d your look.
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick, £7.19, at Boots.com
2. Vintage glamorous dresses are the mainstay of Aguilera’s wardrobe so get scouring your local vintage and charity shops for quirky, signature dresses.
3. Anything sensual and figure-hugging is good, so make sure your look accentuates your natural curves and don’t be afraid to go for a few low-cut tops – you can always cover up other areas to keep your modesty.
Closet red cut-out back dress, £25, at Dorothy Perkins
4. Add colour to an Aguilera-style black body-con dress with a colour-poppingly bright bag and some coloured shades.
5. False eyelashes are a great for defining the eyes in true Aguilera chic.
Eylure Girls Aloud Lashes – Cheryl, £6, at very.co.uk
6. Since becoming a mother Aguilera does seem to have put her midriff-bearing days behind her, instead plumping for a more feminine, more ladylike style.
7. Accessory wise Aguilera loves Stephen Webster and is often spotted in designs from his shattered collection, in which each piece is made with silver inlayed with different colored stones made to look like stained glass. Her diamond encrusted bat-wing ring is an all-time fave.
8. Aguilera’s curls are legendary. To steal her tresses style, experiment with hot rollers. Big curls and big old-school glamour are what really defines the starlet.
BaByliss 3035U Ceramic High Speed Rollers, £28.95, at John Lewis